Mediation helps you to relax and focus on your mind, body and spirit. Here are some tips on getting started with mediation.
- Relaxed yourself and bring yourself to a comfortable position which can include sitting in a chair, on the floor or lying on your back.
- Release – Exhale completely. Please mentally be aware that you are releasing your frustration, anger, etc.
- Release- Make sure to inhale slowly and you can mentally say ” one” while doing this. Allow yourself a slight pause then begin to exhale again. Mentally know that you are allowing peace back into your body.
- Exhale and release- Continue to do this cycle for about 5 mins and continue to say inhale “peace” exhale “frustration”.
- Added bonus ~ Music can also help you as well as listening to nature. For example, you can go outside and sit and listen to the wind blowing, the birds chirping etc. It is also beneficial when you can go to the beach and listen to the waves.
Here are a list of activities that you can do for self-care:
Outdoors- hiking, running, biking, bonfires, walking, camping, canoeing, visit a park with trails, roller skating, painting, swinging on the porch, listening to the wind, listening to the wind chimes, pulling weeds, gardening,
Fire- smores and bonfire with ice cream, light some vanilla and lavender candles at the end of the day to balance yourself. getting a massage with candles, bubble bath with candles.
Bubbles or feathers bubble bath, blowing bubbles, deep breathing while using bubbles, running fingers over the feathers
Wood- Listening to the crackling of the fire, playing jenga, rocking in a rocking chair, creating things with blocks. sauna, tree hugging, play a guitar, walking on a trail and noticing the trees all around you, sitting on the porch and making inspirational signs from wood.
Water- Listening to the ocean, swimming, exercise in the water, drinking at least 64 oz of water, kayaking, going to the beach, shower mediation, small water fountain for home or office, fish tank, water balloon fight, snorkeling, water-color painting, water massage, dance in the rain, scuba diving, and a warm Jacuzzi.
My final thoughts
I love to mediate at times, paint, pull weeds, go for long walks, visit the ocean, listen to nature. But most of all, I love to mediate on God’s words and remind myself of how grateful I am because God loves us unconditionally and we must learn to trust him. When stress takes over, we are not trusting God and we end up feeling sad, upset, worried, troubled etc. It takes time, patience and practice to begin to trust God. Be gentle with yourself and begin to let go of all the frustrations that comes our way.
“Never Give up or Give In” ~ Trust God to work it out.